With our let only service, we aim to package every aspect of the let for you, leaving you with a responsible tenant in place and all of the complete documentation. With the deposit and first month’s rent already accounted for, you can take up the reins of future rent collection and management for the remainder of the tenancy. This would be suitable if you live close to the property and are able to attend to repairs, maintenance and day to day dealings with the tenant.
If you instruct us on a letting only basis we will:
- Advise on furniture, decoration and other matters which will help you achieve the best rent.
- Market and advertise the property throughout our dedicated property website and web portals, place it on regular lettings list and advertising in the relevant local press.
- Arrange and accompany appointments for prospective tenants to view the property 7 days a week between 8am and 9pm.
- Consider and assess prospective new tenants and to take up professional references (including but not limited to credit agency references) on prospective tenants and guarantors.
- Prepare and arrange for completion of our standard tenancy agreement and any other documents that are required.
- Collection of the first months rent and the deposit.
- Handle notifications to the utility companies and local authority to ensure so far as possible that the tenant takes over the responsibility for these costs and charges.
- Provide the tenant with details of your bank so that a standing order can be set up for the payment of future rents direct to you.
You may also like us to collect the rent, but you would continue to be responsible for any management or repairs at the property.
We will, in addition to our letting service:
- Demand and collect the rent in accordance with the terms of the tenancy agreement. In cases of persistent late or non-payment, Oakwood Estates will endeavour to notify you at the earliest possible opportunity and offer advice towards legal steps for the recovery of the rent and repossession of the property.
- Transfer the monies due under the terms of the tenancy to your bank account once we have collected the rent from the tenant or tenants.
- Prepare and send to you regular rent statements detailing income and expenses each month (including our fee and V.A.T. at the standard rate)
- We will deal with rent renewals and lease extensions on your behalf.
We can look after the day-to-day management of your property, as well as the collection of the rent. We offer complete peace of mind for our landlords. In addition to our letting and rent collection service we will:
- Be responsible for the day to day management of your property which may involve arranging for general repairs or maintenance to be carried out, (subject to an agreed limit as noted in our terms and conditions). The cost of any repairs or maintenance is usually deducted from the rental income. We can talk to you about any expenditure that may be necessary.
- Arrange for a check in and subsequent check out to be carried out and make sure the property has an inventory. This is subject to the landlords authorisation.
- Visit the property at 3 monthly intervals providing photographic reports of the condition of the property and advising you of any matters which we feel are relevant to the ongoing success of the tenancy.
- All legal requirements are monitored, for example your gas certificate will be completed annually within the set time constraints.
- Works are carried out promptly with your acknowledgment which will encourage your tenant to renew their contract.
- At the end of the tenancy, check the inventory and/or schedule of condition to assess whether the property is, in our opinion, being handed back in a sufficiently reasonable condition and to deal with the return of the tenants deposit (this will be carried out by inventory specialists).